Moving is a difficult as it is, let alone moving to a whole new state. There is a lot that goes into making a big move. We thought we could help with a checklist of tasks that you should make sure you take care of when you relocate.
- Change of Address: This may seem like an obvious thing to do, but it often something most people forget to take care. If you don’t change your address with the post office you’ll miss bills, tickets, and other time-sensitive parcels. Make sure you take care of this as soon as you know your new address. Go to USPS.com to change your address or go here.
- Notify your utilities that you’ll be moving and ask if they will cover your new area. When you arrive in your new area make sure you setup your new services as soon as possible.
- Have your vehicles serviced before you leave. There’s nothing more defeating than having a mechanical failure on your big move.
- Get a new driver’s license in the state of your new residence.
- Let family and friends know about your travel arrangements and expected departure and arrival dates.
We know this doesn’t cover everything, but it’s a good start covering some of the vital tasks. With so many details to keep track of, we hope this helps remind you of some of the most important ones.